How to List a Transportation Service You are Seeking
How do I list a transportation service I am seeking?
If you have an transportation service you are seeking, you can post it in the Wanted listings of the WoodsourceBC website (viewable under the Wanted Menu of the website). To post a listing here, you have to first create the listing in your personal account pages. (If you do not yet have an account set up, you'll need to create an account). When you create and approve listings in your account, they are automatically posted to the Wanted listings.
To post a listing to your account:
- Click on the My Account button on the top right corner of the website. The following page opens:
- Click on the Create a New Listing button. The following page opens:
- Under the Type of Listing, choose Wanted and Transportation.
- Under the Listing Title section, enter a Title for the Transportation service your are seeking in the entry box.
- In the Depature Point: entry box, enter the location of departure.
- In the Destination: entry box, enter the location of arrival.
- In the Type of Transportation: entry box, select one of the modes of transportation. If you select Truck, a Type of Truck drop down box will appear below. Select the type of truck you require for the transport.
- In the Volume Available/Required: entry box, enter the volume required if applicable.
- In the Transportation Details: entry box, enter a description of the Transportation service you are seeking, including any extra information on the cost, location, or load information.
- If you have scheduled dates required for the transport, list them in the Transportation Available/Required Between: entry boxes.
There are two ways to do this:
- Click the Calendar button, then click on a date in the calendar.
- Enter a date directly into the entry boxes.
Note: When you select the particular type of item you are looking for (in this case Transportation) the web page will change to show entry boxes (fields) that go with that type of item. For example, if you were to select Equipment instead of Transportation the page would change to show different types of entry boxes that apply to Equipment wanted.
Tip: In the WoodsourceBC website, each type of item (Product, Service, Transportation, Equipment) has it's own icon. This icon automatically shows up in your listing so that anyone viewing the Wanted listings on the website can easily identify a particular type of item in the listings.
For example: a Transportation listing will automatically have the Transportation icon shown beside it:
Note: This title should be a short description of the Transportation service you want - it will appear as the heading of your listing.
Under the Transportation section, there are information areas you can fill in to create a detailed listing of the type of transportation services you require. You can leave the Dates, Departure Point, Destination and Volume Required entry boxes blank if you do not have this information.
Note: For non-specific date requirements, you can leave these boxes blank, and add any details in the Transportation Details: entry box.
Entering an image for your Product
After you've filled in all the information above, you can choose to upload 1 to 3 pictures representing your required Transportation Service into your listing.
Note: If you have a slow internet connection, you may choose to leave this procedure out for now and go ahead and finish creating your listing. After you've edited and saved your listing you can go back at any time and edit the listing by adding images, one at a time.
To add and image:
- Click on the Browse button beside the Image 1 label. In the dialog box that opens, browse to the jpeg (.jpg) file you wish to upload and click Open. The image name will then appear beside the Browse button. You can do the same for Image 2 and Image 3.
- Continue adding more listing information as described in the following steps. (When you are finished the following steps, and you click the Preview Listing button, the image you selected will then be uploaded).
Note: Image 1 will also be shown as a thumbnail image in the Wanted listings.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The WoodsourceBC site will only upload images of a certain pixel size, so that they are suitable for viewing listings on this site. The image must be greater than 580 pixels wide by 380 pixels tall and preferably should be smaller than 2600 pixels wide by 2000 pixels tall. (Images taken using most digital cameras will fit this size range). If you try to submit an image that is outside of this range it will result in a warning message that asks for a larger or smaller version of the image, and you will not be able to create a listing with the rejected image.
The program will automatically create a thumbnail size image for use in the listings, as well as a large image viewing size for when the user clicks on the image to view a slideshow.
Expiry Date for the Listing
- Click the Calendar button, then click on a date in the calendar.
- Enter a date directly into the Expiry Date entry box.
In the Listing Expiry Date section, you can choose how long to leave your listing open on this site. By default, the site creates an expiry date 30 days after creating your listing. There are two ways to choose an alternate expiry date:
Note: You can always change the expiry date later on by editing the listing in My Account.
WoodsourceBC will send you an email reminder five days prior to the expiry date, at which time you can choose to extend your expiry date.
Finishing the Listing
- When you've finished entering all the information for your listing, click the Preview Listing button at the bottom of the page. This will create a Preview of what your listing will look like.
- Please check this Preview carefully, if you need to make changes click the Edit this Listing button, and you will be taken back to the listing page to make any changes. You can click the Edit this Listing button to make changes as often as necessary until you are happy with the Preview.
- When you are happy with the Preview, click the Approve this Listing button to save this listing in your account. The final view of the listing will be displayed, and the listing will automatically be added to the Wanted page of the WoodsourceBC website.
- You can click on the Wanted menu in the WoodsourceBC website menu bar to view your listing along with all the other member listings on this site.
Important Note: Make sure you are happy with the Preview before clicking Approve this listing. Once the listing is saved, you will only be able to add/change images and edit a few details - many details will be unavailable for changes.
If you wish to edit your listing after this, for example to add images, click the My Account button at the top of the web page to Edit your listings.