How to List an Equipment Item For Sale
How do I list equipment I have for sale?
If you have an item for sale, you can post it in the For Sale listings of the WoodsourceBC website (viewable under the For Sale Menu of the website). To post a listing here, you have to first create the listing in your personal account pages. (If you do not yet have an account set up, you'll need to create an account). When you create and approve listings in your account, they are automatically posted to the For Sale listings.
To post a listing to your account:
- Click on the My Account button on the top right corner of the website. The following page opens:
- Click on the Create a New Listing button. The following page opens:
- Under the Type of Listing, choose For Sale and Equipment.
- Under the Listing Title section, enter a Title for the Equipment item your are offering for sale in the entry box.
- In the Make: entry box, enter the make of the equipment.
- In the Model: entry box, enter the model of the equipment.
- In the type: drop down box, click on the down arrow beside the Choose Type of Equipment selection to reveal a list of Equipment types. Select the one that best matches your Equipment. If none match, check Other, then enter the type of Equipment you are selling in the For "Other", please specify: entry box below.
- In the Condition: drop down box, click on the down arrow beside the Choose Condition selection to reveal a list of Conditions. Select the one that best matches your Equipment condition.
- In the Hrs/Kms: entry box, enter the number of hours or kilometers on the equipment. Don't forget to inlcude whether it is hours or kilometers.
- In the Location: entry box, enter the location where the equipment is currently located. You might mention a town, a TSA, or a region.
- In the Description of Equipment: entry box, describe the equipment you are offering for sale. Add as much detail as you can.
Note: When you select the particular type of item for sale (in this case Equipment) the web page will change to show entry boxes (fields) that go with that type of item. For example, if you were to select Service instead of Equipment the page would change to show different types of entry boxes that apply to a Service item offered for sale.
Tip: In the WoodsourceBC website, each type of item (Product, Service, Transportation, Equipment) has it's own icon. This icon automatically shows up in your listing so that anyone viewing the For Sale listings on the website can easily identify a particular type of item in the listings.
For example: an Equipment listing will automatically have the Equipment icon shown beside it:
Note: This title should be a short description of the Equipment for sale - it will appear as the heading of your listing.
Under the Equipment section, there are information areas you can fill in to create a detailed listing of the equipment you are offering.
Entering an image for your Product
After you've filled in all the information above, you can choose to upload 1 to 3 pictures of the Equipment you are offering into your listing.
Note: If you have a slow internet connection, you may choose to leave this procedure out for now and go ahead and finish creating your listing. After you've edited and saved your listing you can go back at any time and edit the listing by adding images, one at a time.
To add and image:
- Click on the Browse button beside the Image 1 label. In the dialog box that opens, browse to the jpeg (.jpg) file you wish to upload and click Open. The image name will then appear beside the Browse button. You can do the same for Image 2 and Image 3.
- Continue adding more listing information as described in the following steps. (When you are finished the following steps, and you click the Preview Listing button, the image you selected will then be uploaded).
Note: Image 1 will also be shown as a thumbnail image in the For Sale listings.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The WoodsourceBC site will only upload images of a certain pixel size, so that they are suitable for viewing listings on this site. The image must be greater than 580 pixels wide by 380 pixels tall and preferably should be smaller than 2600 pixels wide by 2000 pixels tall. (Images taken using most digital cameras will fit this size range). If you try to submit an image that is outside of this range it will result in a warning message that asks for a larger or smaller version of the image, and you will not be able to create a listing with the rejected image.
The program will automatically create a thumbnail size image for use in the listings, as well as a large image viewing size for when the user clicks on the image to view a slideshow.
Expiry Date for the Listing
- Click the Calendar button, then click on a date in the calendar.
- Enter a date directly into the Expiry Date entry box.
In the Listing Expiry Date section, you can choose how long to leave your listing open on this site. By default, the site creates an expiry date 30 days after creating your listing. There are two ways to choose an alternate expiry date:
Note: You can always change the expiry date later on by editing the listing in My Account.
WoodsourceBC will send you an email reminder five days prior to the expiry date, at which time you can choose to extend your expiry date.
Finishing the Listing
- When you've finished entering all the information for your listing, click the Preview Listing button at the bottom of the page. This will create a Preview of what your listing will look like.
- Please check this Preview carefully, if you need to make changes click the Edit this Listing button, and you will be taken back to the listing page to make any changes. You can click the Edit this Listing button to make changes as often as necessary until you are happy with the Preview.
- When you are happy with the Preview, click the Approve this Listing button to save this listing in your account. The final view of the listing will be displayed, and the listing will automatically be added to the For Sale page of the WoodsourceBC website.
- You can click on the For Sale menu in the WoodsourceBC website menu bar to view your listing along with all the other member listings on this site.
Important Note: Make sure you are happy with the Preview before clicking Approve this listing. Once the listing is saved, you will only be able to add/change images and edit a few details - many details will be unavailable for changes.
If you wish to edit your listing after this, for example to add images, click the My Account button at the top of the web page to Edit your listings.